Configuring Splunk to send Notify My Android push notifications
Below you will find some easy and quick steps to configure Splunk to send you push notifications through your favorite platform, NMA!
Before we start, you will need:
- Notify My Android Account (So you can get an API Key). You can register here .
- Notify My Android installed on your Android device. You can get it on Google Play .
- A Notify My Android API Key, that you can find on your My Account page.
- Download this script: nma-splunk.py and save it under
- Remember to give the script execution permission with
chmod +x $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/scripts/nma-splunk.py
- Edit the nma-splunk.py script and replace the word 'changeme' on line 16 with your APIKEY, keeping the quotes
Now you can proceed to configure Splunk!
Open your Splunk Web Administration GUI and navigate to:
Manager -> Searchs and reports
Create a new search or edit an existing one, and enable the option
"Run a script".
Edit the field "File name of the script to run" with: